Color is implied social networking.
Watch this great interview with Color’s CEO and co-founder Bill Nguyen on This Week In Startups
Color Labs, Inc. is the new start-up recently funded (to the tune of $41M) which sets out to provide “elastic” photo and video-based social networks. Color is ideal for events such as the games, concerts, parties, get-togethers, social events etc. etc…
Here is a quick description of Color:
- It acts as a group camera collecting photos and videos from all Color-enabled phones in proximity.
- Photos and videos are automatically posted to the cloud.
- Other Color users can see your photos and videos only if they are physically nearby.
- Other Color users don’t know who you are, you don’t know who they are, all that links you is that you share the same space: a restaurant, a club, a concert, a party, a high street, a hiking trail — anywhere.
- You can message other color users.
- The connection between you and other Color users gradually goes away over a two week period but can be maintained if you continue to browse their photo/video stream. It’s an elastic network.
- The range is roughly about 50 yards but can be extended to as much as half-a mile.
- You can learn more about Color here.